[Taxacom] EPDM vial stoppers (or others)

colin favret crf at uiuc.edu
Tue May 2 12:07:55 CDT 2006

I sent this last week, but maybe the switch to mailman hadn't been
made just yet. It seems to have gotten lost in the ether (and
apparently slipped through the holes in my ethernet).

Dear Taxacomers,
	Does anyone know of a supplier of EPDM stoppers for insect specimen
vials? West Pharmaceuticals, our previous supplier, stopped making
them. I know that some formulations of EPDM melt spontaneously as
they age, but we have had much success with them and would like to
continue using them. If we can't find a supplier, what other kinds of
stoppers have you used and what would you recommend? For various
reasons, using screw-cap vials or a vials-in-jar system are not
practical. Thanks much for any advice you might have.

Cheerio, colin

Colin Favret, Insect Collection Manager
Illinois Natural History Survey
1816 S Oak Street