[Taxacom] Homonym of animal in protozoa

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Mon May 8 09:40:48 CDT 2006

At 09:22 AM 5/8/2006, Charles Hussey wrote:
>David Remsen at uBIO is the person best placed to compile a list of
>genus-level homonyms. I am hoping to do so shortly. From data available on
>the Species 2000 Annual checklists and elsewhere, there are at least 5,400
>genus-level homonyms amongst Animalia, Plantae and Fungi. So, not a trivial
>issue once you start creating portals that search checklists across
>different kingdoms.

Somewhere (probably when BioCode was being debated, perhaps even here) I
came across the fact that there were just seven generic names common to all
three Codes: Catenococcus, Kingella, Microcyclus, Moorella, Morganella,
Rhodococcus, Rothia.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu