[Taxacom] Homonym of animal in protozoa

Yde de Jong yjong at science.uva.nl
Thu May 11 05:52:19 CDT 2006

Dear Joel

To your information some metazoa figures of Fauna Europaea (including
all European land and freshwater animals):

At a total number of 129.636 accepted species names we found:

- 50 homonym pairs at the species level, but only 12 homonym pairs
remain when you include the authorship in the duplication check. All
homonym pairs appear within a same family and could be sorted out as
'senior homonyms' and 'junior homonyms'.

At a total of 21.987 accepted (sub)genus names we found:
- 4 generic homonyms, of which only one appear within a same family.
One homonym pair having the same author as well.

Kind regards,

Yde de Jong

Fauna Europaea: http://www.faunaeur.org