[Taxacom] The challenge of explaining well

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Mon May 22 09:35:06 CDT 2006

I prefer to think of John Grehan's messages as poor explanations. John
evidently revels in controversy, and perhaps sees an end to it if the
problems are clarified. I do. Re "Darwinism", there are plenty of papers
on the neutral or nearly neutral theories that demonstrate considerable
evidence that selection may not be a major player in evolution. On the
other hand, many other papers demonstrate the role of selection in
specific cases, e.g., nonsynonymous and synonymous codons. So there is
some balance in processes going on out there, and people are working on
it. Crafting nasty objurgations is not work, fellows.

******************************
Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden
PO Box 299