[Taxacom] To clade or not to clade

Derek Sikes dsikes at ucalgary.ca
Wed May 24 08:14:51 CDT 2006

As I understand it Parsimony is an optimality criterion that one can
use to rank trees that have been built by any number of clustering
methods. It is not, therefore, a clustering method, it is only a
method of scoring trees...

-Derek

Derek S. Sikes, Assistant Professor
Division of Zoology
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4

dsikes at ucalgary.ca
http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~dsikes/sikes_lab.htm

phone: 403-210-9819
FAX:  403-289-9311

"Remember that Truth alone is the matter you are in Search after; and
if you have been mistaken, let no Vanity reduce you to persist in
your mistake." Henry Baker, London, 1785

Entomological Society of Alberta:
http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/courses.hp/esa/esa.htm