[Taxacom] Concladic or concladal? (To clade or not to clade)

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 12:41:23 CDT 2006

Don and Barry,
      I have no idea when I started using clade as a verb.  I did a search
for "clading" in the taxacom archives, and I first used it there on 25 Jan.
2004 regarding the possibility of Amborella and Trimenia "clading together".
  Seems like forever that I've used the phrase "X clades with Y" or "X and Y
clade together".  Did Hennig ever use it as a verb?

      I have certainly seen the word contaxic, but not "concladal".
However, since the root comes from the Greek "klados", wouldn't the
preferable spelling perhaps be "concladic"?  I'm not sure.
   ----Cheers,
            Ken Kinman