[Taxacom] Concladic or concladal? (To clade or not to clade)

Don.Colless at csiro.au Don.Colless at csiro.au
Thu May 25 23:33:08 CDT 2006

Please, Kevin, pose, raise, demand, etc. a question, but don't "beg" it. To beg the question (petitio principii) is a traditional, highly respected term for a particular logical fallacy: to covertly assume the point at issue. Unfortunately, it sounds so profound that it's become a great buzz word among the shallow-brained media. But I like the joke!

Don Colless,
Div of Entomology, CSIRO,
GPO Box 1700,
Canberra. 2601.