[Taxacom] Thank you - Information on obtaining collecting permits for Peru

Mary Barkworth Mary at biology.usu.edu
Mon May 29 10:32:35 CDT 2006

I thank all those who responded to my inquiry about obtaining collecting
permits for Peru, both on and offline, and for the offers of assistance.
For anyone else interested, I quote from a message from Dr. Martin
Timana of Lima, Peru:

The most logical starting point is by visiting INRENA (Peru's Natural
Resources Institute) website on this matter:
http://www.inrena.gob.pe/iffs/iffs_biodiv_estud_cientif.htm
<http://www.inrena.gob.pe/iffs/iffs_biodiv_estud_cientif.htm>  (select:
"Requisitos para realizar investigación fuera de ANPES", a zip file in
Spanish).

Be warned that collecting processing time may take up to six months.

Mary

Associate Professor of Biology and
Director, Intermountain Herbarium
Utah State University