[Taxacom] Life in the undergrowth by attenborough

Piotr Naskrecki p.naskrecki at conservation.org
Mon May 29 16:38:24 CDT 2006

Oh Donat,

Why does everything has to be personal about you? Believe it or not but
there some who do things for reasons other than self promotion. I did indeed
have the privilege to help the crew of the movie, but that is not why I
praise it. In fact, I am a bit embarrassed about my name being mentioned
there, especially since I am not a Harvard professor. But regardless of it,
the documentary is fantastic, probably the best ever made as you yourself
noticed. I concurred with your opinion not because of self indulgence, but
because I believe that this fabulous series does not get enough exposure in
the US. The broadcast version is edited, and I was told that it runs out of
sequence, thus my recommendation to get the DVD (which, unfortunately, also
has the above mentioned interview with Mike Salisbury.)

Piotr
Piotr Naskrecki, Ph. D.
Director of Invertebrate Diversity Initiative
(http://www.smallermajority.org)
Conservation International
(http://www.conservation.org)
Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone: (617) 496-8179; Fax: (617) 495-5667

"It is a quirk of human nature that people only appreciate what they
understand" M.K. Seely

Taxonomy and Collection Manager software (http://140.247.119.145/mantis)

Insect Photography (http://www.insectphotography.com)

Orthoptera Species File Online - a database of Katydids of the World Online
(http://www.tettigonia.com)

Insect Type Database at MCZ, Harvard
(http://mcz-28168.oeb.harvard.edu/mcztypedb.htm)