[Taxacom] Pacific Insects and Pacific Insects Monographs available online

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Sun Aug 5 00:30:15 CDT 2007

Another quick question. I'm keen to add these publications to my
OpenURL resolvers (as I've done for the Journal of Arachnology http://
iphylo.blogspot.com/2007/05/openurl-and-spiders.html , Psyche http://
bioguid.blogspot.com/2007/05/openurl-resolver-for-psyche.html ,and
the AMNH monographs http://iphylo.blogspot.com/2007/05/amnh-dspace-
and-openurl.html ). This makes it easy to link to these publications
automatically, ask described by David Shorthouse (http://
ispiders.blogspot.com/2007/06/gimme-that-scientific-paper-part-
ii.html), or link to those papers from within Connotea.

Pacific Insects has a ISSN, so I can generate SICIs to use as
identifiers for those articles, but I can't find an ISSN for the
Monographs. Were they issued as books with ISBNs? The ISBN databases
that I use don't seem to find any of the monographs, and Amazon
doesn't report an ISBN for one that it has (http://www.amazon.com/
Insects-Campbell-Pacific-insects-monograph/dp/B0006C8YV4/).

Oh, and the Pacific Insects pages misspell the link to the Bishop
Museum Press.

Regards

Rod

On 5 Aug 2007, at 00:16, Neal Evenhuis wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Articles and volumes within the journals "Pacific Insects" and
> "Pacific Insects Monographs" are now available online as pdf files on
> the Bishop Museum's web site. These two journals were started by the
> late J. Linsley Gressitt as a medium for the umbrella project
> "Zoogeography and Evolution of Pacific Insects". Pacific Insects (its
> name changed to International Journal of Entomology in 1983) was
> published from 1959-1985. Pacific Insects Monographs was published
> from 1961-1986.
>
> A few of the articles and volumes are not yet available as pdf files.
> As we continue our digitization project for Bishop Museum Press, we
> will fill in these gaps and hope to have the remaining articles and
> volumes available soon.
>
> Pacific Insects Online:
> http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/pi/
>
> Pacific Insects Monographs Online: