[Taxacom] The spider and the slug

Robin Leech releech at telusplanet.net
Mon Aug 20 18:49:58 CDT 2007

Hi Jan,
Was the spider being eaten by the slug?  One of its pedipalps is missing,
and looks to have been torn off.
If you still have the spider, preserved, there are a number of people who
might be able to help you ID it.
A good way to catch and "fix" molluscs is with novacaine - yes the stuff
dentists use in your gums.  You need only about 0.2 millilitres per 100
millitres of water.  Drop the slug in.  It will go numb very quickly, then
relax.  Once it is relaxed, you can drop it into preservative, and it will
not
contract into a small ball.
Robin