[Taxacom] The spider and the slug

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:55:48 CDT 2007

Robin and Jan,
     The spider appears to be on the dorsal side of the slug, so if
predation was occurring, I would guess it was the spider that was biting or
eating the slug.  I suspect that the "missing" pedipalp was actually cut off
so that it could be more easily mounted and photographed.

    What I wonder about is the phrase "firmly attached".  If the spider was
biting the slug, perhaps it got stuck in the slug's slime?  Or was it
hanging on tightly with its leg claws until its poison took effect?