[Taxacom] Tetrastigma tuberculatum: nom. illeg.?

Veldkamp, J.F. (Jan Frits) Veldkamp at nhn.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Aug 21 09:08:08 CDT 2007

Alas.

Art. 58.1. The epithet in an illegitimate name if available may be used
in a different combination, at the same or a different rank, if no other
epithet is available from a name that has priority at that rank.

Latiff cited 4 synonyms, indicating their types, incl. that of Cissus
tuberculata Blume (see also the National Herbarium of the Netherlands
site: http://145.18.162.53:81/c8 ). I some years ago made some
preliminary notes on this which I can send directly to those interested.

BTW: the description (p. 14) and the beautiful plate (t. 32) of Cissus
tuberculata Jacq. can be admired in
http://www.botanicus.org/Title.aspx?barcode=31753000508397

JeF Veldkamp