[Taxacom] Sargasso sea flies (Diptera)

Torbjørn Ekrem Torbjorn.Ekrem at vm.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 28 15:47:30 CDT 2007

This is an interesting thread :-)  - and I second the first part of what
Martin just wrote. However a good photograph should be sufficient to at
determine if these are chironomids or not. If they are, our group in
Trondheim would be very interested in examining a couple of specimens
and include these in our growing Chironomidae collection. We should be
able to give you a species name - or at least a genus name if the
species is unknown to science (which quite a few chironomids still are)

best regards,
Torbjørn

--
Dr. Torbjørn Ekrem
Vitenskapsmuseet, NTNU

Museum of Natural History and Archaeology
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway

Tel: +47 73 59 78 12
Email: Torbjorn.Ekrem at vm.ntnu.no
Web: www.ntnu.no/~torbjoe