[Taxacom] open position

Gemeinholzer, Birgit B.Gemeinholzer at BGBM.org
Tue Dec 4 08:08:51 CST 2007

The Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem (FU-Berlin) invites applications for a

PhD or Postdoctoral position (BAT IIa/2)

funded by the Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (DBU) starting in February 2008. The position is available for 3 years.

Project: Diversity evaluation of ex-situ cultures in Botanic Gardens and their significance for species conservation. Within the project ecological, morphological and molecular fitness parameters will be analyzed (in-situ/ex-situ). Ex-situ hybrid populations will be generated and analyzed via re-naturation and crosslinkage of isolated populations. The model species are Silene otites und S. chlorantha.

Candidates must hold a Master or Diploma degree in Biology, or related fields. We seek highly committed and motivated applicants who enjoy working in a team.

We offer a well equipped scientific environment with good working atmosphere and the possibilities of cooperation within the scientific community.

Deadline for applications is 14.12.2007. Applications should be sent to:

Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem

Free University Berlin

Marlies Ammari

Königin-Luise-Straße 6-8

D-14195 Berlin