[Taxacom] Crossosomatales

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Wed Dec 5 11:29:28 CST 2007

My thanks to Peter and Steven. I suspected I had a spelling error. It
turns out that it was the Missouri Botanical Garden site that I had
used. Regardless of any phylogenetic uncertainties (which seems to often
be the case) the taxon has quite an interesting phylogenetic geography.
The two main clades are vicariant with respect to baselines with the
Aphloiaceae/Geissolomataceae/Strasbergeriaceae/Ixerbaceae having a
classic Indian Ocean pattern while the
Stapyleaceae/Crossomataceae/Stachyuraceae have a classic Pacific pattern
(I say classic because one sees these kinds of patterns again and
again).

Unfortunately I don't think I can paste in maps on TAXACOM but I have
sent the Crossosomatales map to Peter and Steven for their interest.

John Grehan

Dr. John R. Grehan

Director of Science and Collections

Buffalo Museum of Science1020 Humboldt Parkway

Buffalo, NY 14211-1193

email: jgrehan at sciencebuff.org

Phone: (716) 896-5200 ext 372

Panbiogeography