[Taxacom] Help sought - re. spelling of Rhamnoides.

Torbjörn Tyler Torbjorn.Tyler at sysbot.lu.se
Thu Dec 27 02:23:16 CST 2007

Or, with a more Latin/European and less Anglo-/American pronounciation: ram-no-EE-dees!

/ Torbjörn Tyler

At 04.47 +0100 on 07-12-23, Thomas Lammers wrote:

> Over the e or over the i?  I think it's a dieresis:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaeresis
> This tells us that the o and i are to be pronounced separately, not as a diphthong:
>
> "ram-no-EYE-dees" not "ram-NOI-dees"

Torbjörn Tyler, Ph.D,

- Curator at herbarium LD.
- Editor in Chief of Nordic Journal of Botany.
- Deputy secretary of Lund Botanical Society, with special responsibility for Projekt Skånes Mossor.
- Responsible for the project The Hieracia of Sweden.

Botanical Museum
Ö. Vallgatan 18
SE-223 61 Lund

tel. +(0)46-222 89 65

e-mail: torbjorn.tyler at ekol.lu.se

Private address: Bredgatan 12B, SE-243 32 Höör (=Hoeoer), tel. +(0)413-23123.