[Taxacom] Cost of Automontage System

Carlos Sarmiento cesarmiento at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 13:42:06 CDT 2007

would you consider to buy a high quality stereoscope
with a good camera and use a free montage system
instead?  A complete Automontage system can cost about
60.000

We have been using Combinez5 for montage images with
identical results and the motor of montage can create
some problems with high resolution images. It shakes
the stage on each stop.

--- Karl Magnacca <kmagnacca at alumni.wesleyan.edu>
wrote:

> On Mon, March 19, 2007 10:41 am, Una Smith wrote:
> > Won Young Choi wrote:
> >>I plan to buy an Automontage system with high-end
> stereo(two or one
> >>eyepieced) microscope (Leica or Zeiss).
> >>Do anybody know the estimated cost of the
> automontage system which I
> >>prefer to buy?
> >
> > Contact the companies you may want to purchase
> from and ask them
> > for quotes.  The companies employ sales
> representatives to do this
> > for you.
>
> Which is precisely why you would want to ask on here
> instead.  At least,
> that's my feeling after having dealt with our
> friendly local Leica rep.
>
> Karl

Carlos E. Sarmiento-M.
Instituto de Ciencias Naturales