[Taxacom] moss circles

Mary Barkworth Mary at biology.usu.edu
Wed Mar 21 22:29:14 CDT 2007

I did not look at the moss circles, but many vascular plants form
circles as they grow out from the center. I have always taken it that
individual plants do not survive for long and that the ground that they
grew in is left less rich in the nutrients the young plants need as the
area outside. No, I have not tested any part of this.
Mary