[Taxacom] importance of ants

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Thu Mar 22 05:22:24 CDT 2007

The Importance of Ants...

I have always suspected, that ants are not just very important in any
ecosystem in the world, but in our scientific world as well. Nature's
bibliography project "Connotea" (http://www.connotea.org/cloud) confirms
this suspicion with hard facts: Formicidae are more important then HIV and
cancer.

Thanks to Jochen Bihn's work, almost all of the digital versions of the ant
taxonomic publications from antbase.org are now also accessible through
Connotea, a bibliographic tool aimed at the general science audience.

Check it out, add you own tags, and let us known for inaccuracies, wishes
and more

Donat

Dr. Donat Agosti
Science Consultant
Research Associate, American Museum of Natural History and Naturmuseum der
Burgergemeinde Bern
Email: agosti at amnh.org
Web: http://antbase.org
Blog: http://biodivcontext.blogspot.com/