[Taxacom] Field Biologist Data Gathering Tools

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Mon Mar 26 11:08:01 CDT 2007

Richard Pyle wrote:

 > For various reasons, I'm interested to learn what tools those of you who
 > spend time in the field collecting biological specimens, images, or
 > observations use to manage the associated data while still in the field.

* our account of our basic sampling protocol "How to do a bridge" is at
http://pinicola.ca/g2007a.htm As you'll see there, we basically record
on paper, or as unstructured electronic notes, and leave it up to the
data-entry operator (that would be myself) to convert these to
electronic records, though at times we do the whole process on a laptop
carried into the field.

fred.