[Taxacom] A desire for global Carex range data

Timothy M. Jones tpolonski at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 27 18:49:02 CDT 2007

Hello All,

This is a request for species lists for the genus Carex to all the countries
of the world outside of Canada and the US.  The list may be for any
political or geographical area. I have never seen this approach at collaboration attempted before, but
thought it might be worth a try. The data will be used in the following key,
http://utc.usu.edu/keys/Carex/Carex.html.

The primary reason for the appeal is to confirm published data.
Any format is fine; a text (.txt) file would be best but obviously I will
take what I can get.  All contributors will be cited at the following
website http://utc.usu.edu/keys/default.htm.

I will set up a web page to post all the species lists made available at the
above URL and document the involvement of all those that have contributed.

Sincerely,
Timothy M. Jones