[Taxacom] A desire for global Carex range data

Kehan Harman k.harman at kew.org
Wed Mar 28 05:43:01 CDT 2007

Hi Tim,
Have you tried Kew's Monocot Checklist
(http://www.kew.org/wcsp/home.do - try the checklist builder and you
can choose regional or country level lists) - the distribution
information is to TDWG level 3
(http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/tdwg/geo2.htm).

Cheers,
Kehan

On 3/28/07, Timothy M. Jones <tpolonski at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> This is a request for species lists for the genus Carex to all the countries
> of the world outside of Canada and the US.  The list may be for any
> political or geographical area. I have never seen this approach at collaboration attempted before, but
> thought it might be worth a try. The data will be used in the following key,
> http://utc.usu.edu/keys/Carex/Carex.html.
>
> The primary reason for the appeal is to confirm published data.
> Any format is fine; a text (.txt) file would be best but obviously I will
> take what I can get.  All contributors will be cited at the following
> website http://utc.usu.edu/keys/default.htm.
>
> I will set up a web page to post all the species lists made available at the
> above URL and document the involvement of all those that have contributed.
>

> Sincerely,
> Timothy M. Jones

Kehan Harman
k.harman at kew.org
http://www.kew.org/data/grassbase/
Database & Collections Officer
Herbarium
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Richmond
Surrey
TW9 3AB
kehanharman at gmail.com
http://kehan.wordpress.com

No guest is so welcome in a friend's house that he will not become a
nuisance after three days.
		-- Titus Maccius Plautus