[Taxacom] encylopedia of life

Julian H humphries at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 10 08:46:25 CDT 2007

I read a number of different stories on this yesterday and saw widely
varying figures on funding:

$12.5 million USD (oneworld.net and the eol.org press release)
$50 million pounds (BBC news)

and now $50 million USD.

Does anybody know for sure what their actual funding is?  Is all this
money for informatics infrastructure, scanning, etc? Or will this
trickle down and scientists will be paid to write accounts?  Just curious.