[Taxacom] Encyclopedia of Life & Taxonomist Funding

George Beccaloni G.Beccaloni at nhm.ac.uk
Fri May 11 18:05:22 CDT 2007

How about they use $US 25 M to construct the infrastructure and use the remaining $US 25 M to pay for content. That would work out at $US 13.88 per species page for each of the estimated 1.8 M species. This could be a good incentive for poorly paid taxonomists in certain countries!

George Beccaloni
NHM London