[Taxacom] encylopedia of life [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dick Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Sun May 13 08:25:27 CDT 2007

Peter Stevens and Tom Lammers make good points.  In fact, aren't even our best theories, as well as our best working hypotheses, based on consensus?  John Grehan's argument for a Pongo + Homo classification is based on the view that there is a consensus of key characters that support this linkage.  Consensus does play an important role in science.

Dick J

Richard Jensen, Professor
Department of Biology
Saint Mary's College