[Taxacom] encylopedia of life [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Sun May 13 08:32:50 CDT 2007

I would agree that within an individual research program there has to be
consensus or there would be no result. Thus the evidence for Pongo +
Homo represents a consensus of those who support that phylogeny. I
suppose that while Jeff Schwartz was the only person to support that
evidence there was no consensus even for that research program since
there was no agreement between two or more individuals. Now that there
are at least two people supporting that evidence we represent a
particular consensus. But since others disagree over the evidence there
is no overall consensus.

John Grehan