[Taxacom] Wanted: a page on marking up

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Tue May 15 07:30:29 CDT 2007

Dear Mary

We developed a mark-up schema for taxonomic work (taxonx
(http://taxonx.org)), started to mark up literature (eg the ant literature
of Madagascar (http://antbase.org/databases/madagascar.htm) and plan to
build a dedicated treatment server so the descriptions can easily be
accessed. For the mark up process we developed (and are still in the process
of refining it) a semiautomatic program (goldenGate
http://idaho.ipd.uka.de/GoldenGATE/). You can download it and find there
also a manual.

Taxonx is a leight weight
(http://wiki.cs.umb.edu/twiki/bin/view/Ants/WebHome) schema which can be
integrated into publisher's schema, and which builds upon existing schemas
and standards.

If you have any questions, please contact us at any time

Good luck and welcome to the party

Donat