[Taxacom] Please sign the Statement of Concern a bout Impact of AIG’s Creation “Museum” in Kentucky , USA

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Wed May 23 11:11:10 CDT 2007

Hm.  I guess that bit about "Thou Shalt Not Lie" and "Thou Shalt Not Bear
False Witness" aren't part of the Ten Commandments anymore???

I just have a really hard time wrapping my head around the idea that
seemingly devout people would promulgate shameful bare-faced lies in an
attempt to advance their own religious views.   What good does it do to
convince folks of the literal accuracy of Genesis if you've doomed your
soul in the process?   Makes no sense ...

At 11:37 AM 5/23/2007, Lena Struwe wrote:
>*Statement of Concern*
>We, the undersigned scientists at universities and colleges in Kentucky,
>Ohio, and Indiana, are concerned about scientifically inaccurate
>materials at the Answers in Genesis museum. Students who accept this
>material as scientifically valid are unlikely to succeed in science
>courses at the college level. These students will need remedial
>instruction in the nature of science, as well as in the specific areas
>of science misrepresented by Answers in Genesis.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu