[Taxacom] ITS, Species 2000,[Scanned]

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Mon May 28 01:42:24 CDT 2007

My own view is that this community spends rather too much time on
"standards", often overlooking previous solutions in areas outside
it's immediate are of interest (the problems of identifying and
linking to digital literature, and of describing bibliographic
metadata are not unique to taxonomy).

Anybody who thinks agreeing on standards should the foremost in our
minds might benefit from reading the article Why can't I manage
academic papers like MP3s?" (see http://iphylo.blogspot.com/2007/05/
itunes-and-citation-metadata.html for details).

Regards

Rod

Professor Roderic D. M. Page
Editor, Systematic Biology