[Taxacom] ITIS, Species 2000, etc.

Chris Lyal C.lyal at nhm.ac.uk
Wed May 30 10:05:23 CDT 2007

There's a searchable list of acronyms on the BioNET-INTERNATIONAL site at  http://www.bionet-intl.org/opencms/opencms/resourceCentre/acronyms/searchAcronyms.jsp  and also on the German GTI site at http://www.gti-kontaktstelle.de/links/linksAcro_Glos.html

Soem acronyms are also listed, with contact details, in an annex to the Guide to the Global Taxonomy Initiative, which you can find at  http://biodiv.org/doc/programmes/cro-cut/gti/gti-guide-en.pdf.

All of these use the acronym as a handle, rather than the subject of their work.  I'm not sure I know of a database that does that.

Also, of course, none of these is complete (nor limited to taxonomy)  However, its a start...
Chris