[Taxacom] ITIS, Species 2000, etc.

Fabian Haas fhaas at icipe.org
Thu May 31 01:02:43 CDT 2007

Having produced the list of acronyms on the gTI website on the basis if
an Bionet List my self, let me point out this link
http://www.gti-kontaktstelle.de/links/linksAcro_Glos.html

goes to a webpage with links to many other directories of acronyms. We
should also not forget about google and other search engines that I
wonder, why make the effort and produce more and more databases  with
links and link portals...

Fabian

Chris Lyal wrote:
> There's a searchable list of acronyms on the BioNET-INTERNATIONAL site at  http://www.bionet-intl.org/opencms/opencms/resourceCentre/acronyms/searchAcronyms.jsp  and also on the German GTI site at http://www.gti-kontaktstelle.de/links/linksAcro_Glos.html
>
> Soem acronyms are also listed, with contact details, in an annex to the Guide to the Global Taxonomy Initiative, which you can find at  http://biodiv.org/doc/programmes/cro-cut/gti/gti-guide-en.pdf.
>
> All of these use the acronym as a handle, rather than the subject of their work.  I'm not sure I know of a database that does that.
>
> Also, of course, none of these is complete (nor limited to taxonomy)  However, its a start...
> Chris
>

> ________________________________

FabianHaas2 at gmx.net, fhaas at icipe.org, Extension -2052

www.icipe.org
www.earwigs-online.de :: The Site on Earwig Biology
www.fabianhaas.de :: Personal Photo Website

Dr. Fabian Haas
c/o The International Centre of Insect Physiology and
Ecology
Duduville Campus, Kasarani
P.O. Box 30772 - 00100
N A I R O B I