[Taxacom] Evolutionary Screen Saver

Robin Leech releech at telusplanet.net
Fri Nov 2 08:11:24 CDT 2007

Hi fellow taxaxomers:
I was reclined in a dentist's chair earlier this week while having
my teeth cleaned.  Above and in front of me was a huge monitor
with a screen saver that morphed from a sphere with patches of
six different colors (a la soccer ball) to a cube with different colors
on each side to a six-sphered, embryo-like mass, then spikes shot
out between the spheres, then back to a cube, etc.

It occurred to me that this would be a wonderful way to show
development of an embryo: 2 celled > 4 celled > 8 celled > 16 celled,
etc, until a blastula of 128 and 256 cells was formed.

At this point, there could be divergence to both protostomate to
deuterostomate, ending with a creature (invert and a vert).

Is there is a Taxacom member out there who is good with making this
sort of screen saver?  I think it would be a real seller.

Robin