[Taxacom] Nolanaceae

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Fri Nov 2 10:51:02 CDT 2007

At 10:28 AM 11/2/2007, you wrote:
>Anyone out there happen to know the common English name for the family
>Nolancaceae?

Since it largely occurs in non-English speaking parts of the world, I don't
think it has one; it's usually just called "The Nolana Family."  Though I
seem to recall it makes Solanaceae paraphyletic, so perhaps we';d best call
it "the Nightshade Family."
:-)

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu