[Taxacom] Digital X-ray

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Tue Nov 13 04:28:09 CST 2007

Does anyone have experience with Digital X-ray imaging devices?  I'm trying
to learn what the options (and price ranges) are for something that can
generate digital x-rays of fish specimens, ranging up to about 30cm or so in
size.  High-resolution is a major priority (I would trade smaller image size
for higher image quality).

I did some surfing and found various products, but I wanted to see if anyone
had experience with such devices closer to my own application (i.e.,
biological specimens, as opposed to dental, medical, or industrial
applications)

Thanks in advance,

Aloha,
Rich

Richard L. Pyle, PhD
Database Coordinator for Natural Sciences
  and Associate Zoologist in Ichthyology
Department of Natural Sciences, Bishop Museum
1525 Bernice St., Honolulu, HI 96817
Ph: (808)848-4115, Fax: (808)847-8252
email: deepreef at bishopmuseum.org