[Taxacom] software recommendation please

Soowon Cho chosoowon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:26:57 CST 2007

Dear members,

A friend of mine asked me about how to group his microorgarnisms based on
certain reactions among each others, but I am not familiar with such.  He
said his data is like the following:
    A   B   C   D  .....
A  0   1    0    1
B  1   0    0    0
C  0   1    0    1
D  1   0    0    0
:

For the above, A is responding to B and D only, B is responding to A only, C
is responding to B and D only,.....etc.
His data is with nearly a hundred OTUs and he wants to know which software
is good to use for grouping them based on the result.

My initial thought was about UPGMA or PCA, but I am not sure.  Could anyone
tell me which method (software) is good to analyze this kind of data for
grouping based on "similarity"(I guess)?

Sincerely,