[Taxacom] software recommendation please

Richard Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:40:22 CST 2007

 From the sample shown below, the data will yield a non-metric
similarity (notice the inequality of the similarity of B-C versus C-B).
There are non-metric similarity measures, such as those of Kulczynski
and Yule, that can be used as input for cluster analysis and non-metric
multidimensional scaling. NTSYSpc (available from Exeter Software)
provides these and a variety of other coefficients.

Cheers,

Dick J

Richard Jensen, Professor
Department of Biology