[Taxacom] cyperaceae

Peter Stevens peter.stevens at mobot.org
Thu Sep 6 09:27:19 CDT 2007

Lumping and splitting will always be with us, I fear, whatever one's
classificatory philosophy.  To quote Davis and Heywood:

"Short of the death penalty, there will always be lumpers and
splitters. Splitting tends to be accentuated by age, a characters of
the malaise being that the sufferer seldom admits that he is a
splitter." (there is much more of interest on the subject (see p. 85
of "Principles of Angiosperm Taxonomy").

P.