[Taxacom] cyperaceae

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:08:13 CDT 2007

At 09:27 AM 9/6/2007, Peter Stevens wrote:
>Lumping and splitting will always be with us, I fear, whatever one's
>classificatory philosophy.

Early in my taxonomic career, I was asked by a field botanist in Hawaii if
I was a lumper or a splitter.  With the confidence of youth, I replied,
"Neither.  I do it RIGHT!"
:-)

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu