[Taxacom] Lumping and Splitting

Peter Stevens peter.stevens at mobot.org
Thu Sep 6 13:14:57 CDT 2007

Who ever said that age and wisdom (of course knowledge and wisdom are
distinct concepts) were connected?  Peter Davis also had a very nice
graph showing taxonomic expertise against age.  it did indeed
increase with age, rather like a doctor's expertise (a favourite
comparison of taxonomists, I think), but tended to tail off
dramatically as madness or blindness supervened and the taxonomist
kept on working....

P.