[Taxacom] eol in NYT

Schindel, David schindeld at si.edu
Fri Sep 7 07:10:44 CDT 2007

Let me take Chris' post one step further.  Setting aside whether or not
EOL will streamline and accelerate the taxonomic process and will remove
impediments (which I am convinced it will), EOL changes another
important term in the economics of our science.  EOL is creating a new
and better outlet for taxonomic products, so the funders/consumers of
taxonomic information can be offered a ** better return on their
investment **.  They will have better access to the data they need and
will be able to access it in more usable forms.

In principle, this improvement in the final product will make investment
in taxonomy more attractive.

David

David E. Schindel, Executive Secretary

Consortium for the Barcode of Life

202/633-0812; fax 202/633-2938; portable 202/557-1149

Email: SchindelD at si.edu <mailto:SchindelD at si.edu>

CBOL WEBSITE: http://www.barcoding.si.edu <http://www.barcoding.si.edu/>

Office and overnight delivery address:

National Museum of Natural History