[Taxacom] eol in NYT [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Peter Stevens peter.stevens at mobot.org
Fri Sep 7 12:30:31 CDT 2007

So support NCU, get rid of the need to revisit old literature (I
think one perhaps paradoxical result [unless we are careful] of some
of the informatics and literature imaging push may be to make even
more garbage accessible, and give us less guidance how to deal with
it); standardize botanical terms; standardise classifications; make
the process of distinguishing species less a matter of opinion;
moratorium on changes to the code (other than NCU and web
publication, etc: see also below); web publication; interactive keys;
etc....  But nothing that some  wine or beer appropriately applied
will not be able to achieve.

P.

Did you know that as a result of changes made to the code at the last
congress there is apparently an earlier name than Chloridoideae.  I
googled it, got one hit (where it was recently resuscitated), I think
30-40,000 for Chloridoideae...