[Taxacom] Lumping and Splitting

Peter Stevens peter.stevens at mobot.org
Fri Sep 7 12:37:11 CDT 2007

But if you look at how the erstwhile Loiseluria procumbens grows it
is a) very distinctive - no bud scales, etc, even if it may grow in
distinctly inclement conditions, and b) it is identical in this
respect to some, although not all species of Kalmia.  Yes, it is
derived from within Kalmia, but vegetative morphology is in agreement
with this, and the flowers are different, but that is "simply" a
matter of understanding development, pollinators, etc.

P.

Back to work.