[Taxacom] The everpresent evolution-creation debate--again...

Luis A. Ruedas ruedas at pdx.edu
Mon Sep 10 15:20:23 CDT 2007

All:

The graduate students at my institution have created an online petition
to reclassify non-science books from science categories in bookstores
and libraries. To quote from the first paragraph of their petition:

"As scientists, we feel strongly that categorizing Intelligent Design
(“ID”) as science is both inappropriate and misleading. Local bookstores
and libraries unintentionally exacerbate this misleading categorization
when they shelve ID books and legitimate science texts in the same
section . Our goal is to convince the U.S. Library of Congress to
re-classify ID books into sections other than the science section."

If this is something about which you feel strongly (or even are
lukewarm!), I urge you to support their petition. Check URL:
http://www.sciencea2z.com/z_etomite/

Sincerely

Luis A. Ruedas
Associate Professor, Department of Biology
Director, Museum of Vertebrate Biology
Portland State University