[Taxacom] holotype for sale

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 20:13:53 CDT 2007

     As senior author, I would have thought Poinar would have insisted that
it be deposited in a public institution (like Oregon State University which
houses the Poinar Amber Collection).  I wonder if Poinar was even aware of
it being put up on EBAY (he no doubt knows by now!).  The British
Mycological Society will no doubt be furious.  If the picture on EBAY is of
something else, I suspect they will suspend the auction anyway, and that Mr.
Buckley is going to a lot of flack over it from both EBAY and the scientific
community.
  -----Ken