[Taxacom] holotype for sale

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Wed Sep 12 04:46:02 CDT 2007

From: "Samyn" <yves.samyn at naturalsciences.be>
> A 'code of conduct' for taxonomists that need to decide what to do with
> the types of the nomina they've established would thus be nice.

***
Yes, it would be nice, but I doubt there is much chance of it happening,
especially as proportionally the amount of 'amateur' taxonomists is on the
increase.

For the moment I am happy enough that there is one Code for zoologists
(accepted, more or less, worldwide) and one Code for botanists, in the very
wide sense (accepted, more or less, worldwide). The world is so large and
varied that this wide agreement on a Code to be followed is a pleasant
miracle.

Best, Paul