[Taxacom] Codes of Nomenclature

B.J.Tindall bti at dsmz.de
Thu Sep 13 01:02:08 CDT 2007

The last published version of the Bacteriological
Code was published in 1992, but it has been updated regularly since then.
The original publication can be found here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=icnb
All updates are published in the IJSB/IJSEM
http://ijs.sgmjournals.org/ (usually in a 4, but
more recently 3 year cycle after every IUMS congress)
and an overview of the changes up to and
including the 2002 IUMS congress can be found here:
http://www.bacterio.cict.fr/code.html

Viruses:
http://www.ictvonline.org/codeOfVirusClassification_2002.asp

ICTVdatabase:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ICTVdb/index.htm

ICTV:
http://www.ictvonline.org/index.asp

At 21:23 12.09.07, you wrote:

>Dear friends,
>

>I am looking for the last International Codes of
>Bacteria, Virus, and the Zoological Code.
>
>Which were the last codes? When were they
>published? Is it possible to get them online?
>

>Any information will be very welcome.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Vítor.
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Prof.Dr. Vítor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda
>Curador HUMC
>Universidade de Mogi da Cruzes - UMC
>Laboratório de Sistemática Vegetal
>Herbarium Mogiense - HUMC (Sala 21.16 - Prédio II)
>Av. Dr. Cândido Xavier de Almeida Souza, n.200
>CEP 08780-911 - Moji das Cruzes - SP - Brasil
>Tel.: +55 (11) 4798-7000 Ramal 7313
>http://www.umc.br/~vmiranda/lsv <http://www.umc.br/~vmiranda/lsv>
>e-mail: vmiranda at umc.br

Dr.B.J.Tindall
DSMZ-Deutsche Sammlung von Mikro-
organismen und Zellkulturen GmbH
Inhoffenstraße 7B
38124 Braunschweig
Germany
Tel. ++49 531-2616-224
Fax  ++49 531-2616-418
http://www.dsmz.de
Director: Prof. Dr. Erko Stackebrandt
Local court: Braunschweig HRB 2570
Chairman of the management board: MR Dr. Axel Kollatschny

DSMZ - A member of the Leibniz Association (WGL)