[Taxacom] selling names to save the planet

Barry Roth barry_roth at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 12:32:29 CDT 2007

A few years ago on this forum, some savant -- it may have been my friend Parky Sharkey -- suggested a form of protection racket.  For payment of a certain sum, you promise the buyer of a name that you will not synonymize the name he/she has purchased.

  Barry Roth

Fabian Haas <fhaas at icipe.org> wrote:
  I reckon, that not too much money is going back to taxonomy... In any
case. Does someone know the smallprint of this naming? What happens if
the species get synomymized, lets say a year after. Cash-back-guarantee??

Best Fabian