[Taxacom] Species of same Taxa on different continents?

Gurcharan Singh-satyam singhg at satyam.net.in
Wed Aug 6 07:18:17 CDT 2008

Classical examples are vicariants Platanus orientalis of Mediterranean
Region and P. occidentalis of America; Catalpa ovata  of China and Japan and
C. bignonioides of America. Several other examples include Pinus jeffreyi
(Am) and Pinus wallichiana (Himal), Juglans regia and J. californica,
Sambucus mexicana and Sambucus wightiana and so on.

Gurcharan Singh