[Taxacom] ZooKeys online NOW

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 08:36:32 CDT 2008

Great to DOIs being used to identify papers. One obvious thing missing
is RSS feeds (email notification of new papers in so last century).
For a start, an RSS feed could be harvested by uBio's RSS Nomina Nova
service (http://www.ubio.org/rss/index_nov.php ), making it easier for
database builders (and others) to keep track of new names.

Regards

Rod

On 8 Aug 2008, at 13:23, Thompson, Chris wrote:

> All:
>
> ZooKeys is now online and in business.
>
> Please go to http://pensoftonline.net/zookeys/index.php/journal
>
> And see a new and better alternative to ZooTaxa.
>
> Read our Editorial and appreciate our vision to provide the best means
> to rapidly disseminate information about animals today and to continue
> to evolve into the best for tomorrow.
>
> We all owe a great debt to Dr Z. Q. Zhang for his vision and
> dedication
> in creating a new means of rapid dissemination of information about
> animals. His ZooTaxa has changed the face of Systematic Zoology
> since it
> was launched in 2001.
>
> Now we humbly launch ZooKeys building on ZooTaxa example and extending
> it.
>
> So go today to our ZooKeys website. Look at the first couple of papers
> and bookmark the site as you will want to go back frequently and watch
> how we expand and evolve, trying to provide the best for the
> Zoological
> Community.
>
> F. Christian Thompson
> Systematic Entomology Lab., ARS, USDA